CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update on Grama Connie

Not much to report, but my Dad did call me this afternoon to tell me a few more details. She is at Marshall Hospital, which apparently, is one of the best in the state and country, so some relief to know that she is in good hands. They are certain it was a stroke, it appears to have been mild. She has movement, but is weak and her talking is becoming coherent again. They are still doing testing, my Dad said someone is there like every 30 minutes to do something else. I guess one of the tests they did showed she had pieces of her heart floating around, my Dad isn't very medically inclinated, so not sure what test that was. I work in a Cardiovascular lab, my boss was like, What? SO, my inclination is that she had a troponin or an embolism in her heart that set things off and that the blood thinners and such are doing their jobs. They did do an EKG and it was normal, they also did an ultrasound of her brain and heart, but I have no results from that yet. CT scan results aren't back either. I guess she is in alot of pain, and I don't know the explanation for that either, but she is on morphine.

My Dad, my Uncle Matt, my brother Mark, my cousin Melannie and my Grama's brother Tom and all their spouses are taking turns being at the hospital with her in addition to my Grampa George.

Please keep them all in your prayers. My Grama has always been a fighter and I have no doubt that she isn't ready to give up. Just another roadblock to overcome.

0 comments: