CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hurricane Watch 2008

So Hanna did make landfall in the Carolinas, but it was just a breezy and wet day, not too much damage. Josephine completely fizzled out.
And then there is Ike. Ike is down to a category 3 hurricane and headed for Cuba. The cone tracks it to Louisiana in the next week. Now that could change, but that is the prediction for now. Ike is favorable to pick up speed again, and just about anything can affect which direction he heads. It looks to miss my friends in Florida thankfully, but I still cringe thinking about it hitting Louisiana, even though I don't know a soul there, I keep thinking, not again!
A friend at church mentioned that maybe hurricanes headed to Louisiana is God's way of saying we need to clean up the joint! I laugh and because I am evil minded from time to time, I said God said he'd never flood the entire earth again, he never said he wouldn't do it piece by piece however!
In all seriousness, I hope that the hurricanes give us a break for a few more years, the US is in enough doodoo all by itself without natural disasters making things worse.

0 comments: