CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Funnies ~ Kersten

Kids are forever trying to get out of doing their chores, but at three, Kersten is normally willing to oblige most things you ask. Not so much the case these days!!

Story from Laurie to me:
The other day Kersten found a bug on the carpet and wanted me to pick it up, so I did. Then she said the other piece was in a different spot. So I told her that I would vacuum it, but she had to pick up her toys. She did, then I told her to pick up her toys in the living room so I could vacuum in there too. She said, "No. That's OK mommy. You don't need to vacuum in there. I don't want to pick up my toys. It will be OK."
*************************
In other funniness, Kersten loves to be outside, but can't go out by herself, Samantha, Cody, Joey or Mom or Dad has to watch her. The other day she wanted to go out really bad and Mommy and Mamie were busy cooking and baking. Daddy was golfing. Cody was the only older kid home, but he was sleeping. She didn't care, she opens the door to the basement and as loud as she could, yelled his name, repeatedly, until he finally responded. It was soooo funny. And Cody, being the thoroughly doting big brother, obliged her even though he was napping. She has him wrapped around her finger! She was determined to go outside and outside she went!
************************
So Laurie, Kersten and I went shopping Saturday. We needed stuff from Walmart and we also went to the Produce Market. Kersten is such a dolly, I love spending time with her and although she loves her brother Jess, having Mommy and Mamie to herself is a good time for her. We had just left the Produce Market. Mommy had taken her potty while we were there, but we weren't more than five blocks away when she announced she needed to go potty and poop. I told her we were going to the Dollar Store and she could go there. She goes, "ok, but hurry!" I told her to squeeze her "cheeks". I look back at her from the front seat and she has the biggest cheeky grin possible on her face! Oh to be so innocent! She had no idea what I meant, but tried to please me anyway! And then she asked, "why do I have to squeeze my cheeks?" I lost it, I was laughing so hard, I nearly peed my pants!
************************
One more funny about Kersten for this week. Mommy found out a ballet studio opened up in Lewiston this summer and she has been wanting to sign Kersten up for awhile, so it was handy that one opened so close to home. Kersten shows pretty good dance skills, so Mommy figures we'll see how she does. Ballet starts on Monday and the entire time Mommy has been talking to her about going to ballet, she has told Kersten that unless she is potty trained all the way, she can't go, it is a class rule. Well, Kersten does just fine going potty in the potty, but as previously mentioned, poopy has been a big problem. Well, this week Mommy reminded her again about the "rule" and would you believe the kid is going poopy in the potty this week!? She has been so stubborn about it, I can't believe it took this ballet class to motivate her. Nothing else has worked thus far.

Silly girl!! I love you and am proud that you are a big girl now!!

0 comments: