CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the news.........

Well, maybe!
Last night at Citizen's Police Academy, we were joined by KTTC's Crystal Oko. She will be attending class with us for the remainder of our sessions and will do a story that will air every week about the class.
Last night, we were out at the Police Shooting Range learning about the Emergency Response Unit and all that they do, as well as gun safety. We learned about all the weapons they have in their arsenal including a taser. One girl volunteered to be tasered just to see what it was like. Crazy woman! The end of our learning led us to the range where we each got to take turns shooting an official police issued gun. The kind the police in our area carry. It was actually quite fun, even though I am not a big fan of guns in general. My dad would be so proud!

Anyway, there is potential for me to be seen in the story, so watch the news tonight at 6pm and let me know if you see me! I am recording it since I won't be home and I'll post a clip if I show up.

0 comments: