CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seven Things

So my blog buddy Nate did a posting on seven things you don't know about him and I thought it was pretty neat. Figured I'd give it a go.

********************************************************
1. When I was born, I had 12 grandparents and great grandparents living. How cool is that?
Mom's(Sherri) side
Louise & Wayne
Mary & Stanley
Betty & Ray
Dad's(Mark's) side
Connie & George
Bill & Monica
Robert & Sophie
There may actually be a few more, but I don't know enough about my Dad's dad side to know the greats. Most people I know or am friends with have never met their great grandparents, and sometimes not even their grandparents. I was very blessed! Sadly, all my great grandparents (in pink) have now left this earthly life, but happily, they are rejoicing in Heaven! And since my parents divorced when I was young, I have two sets of stepgrandparents now, Bertie & Jeannie and Lloyd & Joann.

2. Up until last year when I had my gastric bypass surgery at the ripe old age of 30, I had never spent a moment in the hospital since I was born. I have never broken a bone or had my appendix burst or anything fun like that. I did go to the ER a few times, but they were short stays.

3. I do not ingest caffeine. Well, mostly no caffeine. And no, this isn't just because of surgery. Prior to surgery, I had mostly given up drinking caffeine and would choose a caffeine free soda or beverage 99% of the time. I have never been a coffee drinker, cannot stand the stuff! So, the only way I get caffeine? In restaurant iced tea or the minute amount in chocolate.

4. I do not drink soda. Well, not anymore anyway! This is because of surgery. The extra bubbles are not needed in my system, thanks! I was never a big soda fan anyway, so giving it up wasn't so bad. I "thought" I had a Pepsi craving one day, so I sipped a friend's only to discover.....................I can't stand it. It was awful! So, I guess you really can outgrow the taste of something.

5. I do not like most vegetables. Most of you know I am picky, but did you know that of a list of over 180 vegetables, I like only ten? TEN! You heard right! Lettuce, tomato(could be a fruit or veggie, don't start that argument!), cucumber, green beans, peas(technically a starch), potatoes(technically a starch too), carrots(again, technically a starch), celery, radish and corn(yet another starch technically). And I like garlic and onion, but not to eat, only as flavoring. So does that count??

6. My favorite Jelly Belly jelly bean flavor is Tutti Frutti. I also like Bubble Gum, Root Beer and Toasted Marshmellow.

7. There are 20 grandchildren on my Mom's side of the family(from my mom and her three brothers). Aimee, Jason, Phil, Mark, Jessica, Sharon, TyLene, Heather, Danny, LeeAnn, Shawn, Carolyn, Jeremiah, Donald, Albert, Marissa, Elijah, Tony, Steve, and John. Of these 20, 11 have children already, the total number? 25! Austin, Brandon, Trinity, Adam, Adrianna, Sabrina, AJ, Natasha, Corbin, Skye, Sage, Ariel, Dianna, Carl, Sam, Logan, Gianna, Alex, Maya, Austin, Courtney, Jared, Braelyn, baby girl & baby boy(twin siblings to Braelyn). And nine of us haven't even produced offspring yet! Can you say BIG FAMILY!!! I love it!
On my Dad's side of the family, there are just Mark and I, my stepbrothers Teddy and Mario and my cousins Melissa and Melannie. Much smaller dynamic! And only four greats ~ Dominick, Olivia, Autumn, and Jacx ~ with another due to make an appearance soon.

Well, that should keep your mind spinning for awhile. Maybe someday I'll do another random facts post. For now, toodaloo!

0 comments: