CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prayer Needed ~ My Mom

Hi everyone~
My Mom asked me to post a request on here about her. She is currently looking for a new job now that she has her Master's degree, and so far, the search has not been fruitful.
She was praying the other day about a job she had applied for over by Mt. Carmel, which if she had gotten, they would have moved there, and she felt God saying she was needed to be a light in Princeton.
So, she is pretty sure that job is a bust.

She has been having a burden lately to open up a Pregnancy Center. The kind to counsel women with options for their unintended pregnancies. About twenty years ago, she volunteered at a place like this in Eau Claire. I remember being there with her some of the time and I loved the idea of helping these women make better choices than abortion.
So, in order for this to be the right decision, several things will need to happen. She wants confirmation in a Biblical form or prophesy. She feels the Lord giving her names of people who could help support or volunteer or get this started and if it is meant to be, the Lord will either minister directly to these people and they will come to her or, she'll get confirmation from someone else about the situation.
Also, the building she is considering has been empty the entire time they have lived in Princeton. As a non-profit, she is hoping that the owners of the building would consider little or no rent in order to support this ministry. And it would need renovations, so funds for that would be necessary, my Dad and other church members could assist with the labor.
And funding. She does not want to be government sponsored in any way so as to retain the right to bring God into the picture when talking with these women. She wants this ministry to be completely Christian in origin with noone being able to tell her what she can and cannot say. Please pray that local churches and ministries would step up in support of this.
And volunteers. We need more women to make this possible! More women with a heart to counsel and help the potential clients coming through the door.
And donations. We need some medical equipment to help take care of the women coming through the door. We would be providing pregnancy tests and hopefully confirmation ultrasound. Medical equipment and supplies are not cheap, so pray the Lord would make a way. We would also loan out baby furniture, so things like cribs, high chairs, strollers, rockers, etc, would all be necessary to be able to loan to these mothers.

I know this is alot of information, but I believe if we are specific with our prayers, God will provide the specifics. If this is meant to be, all these things will fall into place.

This sort of ties into me as well, as I have had a similar burden since watching my Mom volunteer all those years ago. I wasn't old enough then, but I am now and would love to be part of this ministry. If it is God's will, I believe he can make a way for me to be there to help my Mom and provide for both of us financially.

Thanks for your faithfulness.

0 comments: