CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

(BUMP) Update on the fire Part 2

Update:
So I talked to the mom who lives in the pink house after work on Thursday, she was out on the lawn. Baby is being delivered next Thursday via C-section, so this was incredibly bad timing, but what do you do!?
Her parents do own the house and they did have insurance on the structure, however, nothing on contents and she did not have renter insurance to cover it either.
So, she essentially has no furniture and very few accessories. A neighbor lady two doors down from me is going to work on putting a fundraiser/donation something together to help her out. I am impressed because it seems like most of my neighbors keep to themselves, but apparently, quite a few want to help out. Maybe my neighborhood isn't as ghetto as I thought it was getting!

Please do still pray for her, its alot of stress to deal with on top of having a baby about to be born. And with a C-section delivery, she'll be unable to do much for six weeks. Her family is helping, as is the boyfriend(the kids' dad).

10/2/08
So, I found out the fire wasn't on my side of the street.

and in my most sarcastic voice..............Thanks to Barry for panicking me!!

Anyway, it was the little pink house across the street and over to the right of mine if you are facing that side of the street. A single mom with two children and pregnant with number three lived there.

Yesterday when I came home from work, there was a large dumpster sitting in their driveway and they were cleaning everything out of the house. The fire was in the kitchen, and even though it was contained to the room, the smoke and water damage it caused is bad enough that they can't live there right now. From previous experience of friends having a house fire, I know that anything with fabric or plastic is a complete loss. The smell seeps in and you can't get rid of it. The clothes they have can be washed in a special soap to clean out the smell, but its hard to do that to furniture. There are companies out there that can clean up the house and cover up the damage and smell, they can also treat some of your belongings that you don't want to give up.

I don't know if they have plans to fix the house and resume living there or if they'll sell it to some contractor who will fix it up or what. Thankfully, she has a very supportive family to help her during this difficult time.

Please keep them in your prayers.

0 comments: