CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Funnies ~ Kersten

Friday night Kersten and I were snuggling on the couch when she turned around to look at me and say something. As she is breathing on me, I am cringing at the bad smell of her breath. I looked at Laurie and asked her if she was showing any signs of being sick. My mom could always tell when us kids were getting strep cause our breath would be really bad. The kid had just brushed her teeth too, so no reason for it.
So a few minutes later Kersten looks at me with her puppy dog eyes and says "My breath hurts."
I look over at Laurie to be sure I heard that correctly and we both bust out laughing.
The kid never fails to amuse me!
**************************
On Saturday, Lolo came over to scrapbook with Laurie and I. Kersten was all excited cause she was going to get to do her own page. Enter, the glue stick. For the next hour she had to do all the gluing for Mommy. She was planning to go outside to play after doing her page since that is where Jess was, but gluing was more fun. Going to have to make sure we hide the glue or we could be in trouble.
******************************
Pottytraining update: So Kersten is still having her off and on days, however, her accidents now are pretty much all potty. She does stay dry most nights thought. She goes poopoo in the toilet pretty much every time. Goofy kid just can't make up her mind to do both I guess. Mommy had set a goal of one week of no accidents and she'd get to pick out a toy. Well, apparently the concept of one week was too much for her to handle, she can make it about three days straight with no accidents and then somehow, oops. So Mommy set a goal of four days and she could wear her "Little Pony" underwear. Still on the three days and failure routine. However, the sticker incentive is going better, except that she won't choose any sticker that isn't pink(her favorite color if you didn't know). We have had to adjust the reward levels for going too.
Going potty = one sticker and a fruit snack
Going poopy = one sticker and an episode of Dora
Going both = two stickers, Dora, fruit snack and a sucker
Going dry all day = special "Princess" sticker on the calendar
4 dry days = get to wear "Little Pony" underwear

So yesterday while Mommy and Daddy went to their finance class, I was of course babysitting. Kersten had been taking a nap and I woke her up so she'd go to sleep later. Well upon waking, it is the rule to go potty, so I took her in and set her on the pot. I sat on the edge of the tub to wait. She leans over and sets her head on my lap and says she doesn't have to go. I said we needed to try and we would count to 60 and if she didn't go, we could leave. She didn't go. So we settle in on the couch to snuggle a bit cause she is still tired. Two minutes later she pops her head up, looks at me and shouts "I have to go poopy!" So we race to the bathroom and she did! YEAH!! She hasn't pooped for me before, so I gave her an extra treat. Of course Jess had to share in the fun too!
Ah, the joys of potty-training!

0 comments: