CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Rehab

I am going to rehab for three weeks. Sounds funny, doesn't it?
Well, don't get too excited, its not the kind of rehab you are probably thinking.
It is Pain Rehab and it is a Clinic I am going to attend daily for three weeks, 8-4:30. During the three weeks I will learn several things. There is a schedule of things to do daily and because there are several of us, for some activities we are split into two groups. A typical day will look like this:
8am Opening group meeting
8:30 Stretching exercises
9 Group Therapy(different topic everyday)
10 Skills Rehearsal(not really sure what this entails yet)
11 Physical Therapy
LUNCH
1 Group Therapy(different topic everyday)
2 Skills Rehearsal
3 Occupational Therapy/Biofeedback
4 Advanced Relaxation(not sure what this entails either)

So starting July 17th, I'll be off work. The first day is admissions/orientation and then starting July 18th through August 7th, I'll be doing the above mentioned schedule daily.
I am REALLY hoping that all the things they show us, teach us, convey to us are helpful on many levels. Being pain free is the ultimate goal, but headache free and being able to sleep normally would be nice too.

I probably won't post much, if at all, while out on my leave, however, I did schedule a few posts to go out while I am gone, so it'll keep you happy until I get back hopefully.

0 comments: