CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update on Migraines

Well, I went for the shot on Monday and it did the trick. It worked almost immediately. I was warned it might make me nauseated, dizzy or tired, but I felt completely normal, so I went about the things I had to do.
After I got off work, I went home to get my car and drive to the PAL office to work on the books. Around 7, I left and still had a little time to kill before the meeting, so I went to the grocery store to grab a few things before heading to the PAL meeting. The PAL meeting was over within an hour and I ate dinner while I was there. After the meeting, I ran to Big Lots, needed some cleaning supplies. While wandering around the store, I began to feel dizzy. I was doing the utoh thing! Apparently the side effects took a little while for me, so I decided I better head home before it got out of hand. Fortunately, I was only about a mile away from home, so it wasn't too far, but by the time I got home, got out of the car and into the house, I was feeling even more dizzy. Even sitting on my couch, I was dizzy! So I decided I best take my vitamins and medicine and head to bed.
I woke up the next morning around 4am. I had a headache again. I nearly cried! I was so tired of waking up with a headache and I really thought the shot would do the trick. I took some Tylenol as the narcotic they gave me was supposed to make me tired and I didn't want to worry about that with work. Fortunately, the Tylenol did the trick and I made it through Tuesday ok.
When I woke up this morning, I again, had a headache. Tylenol worked once again.
I am not sure what is going on in this crazy head of mine. I know part of the reason can be the fibromyalgia, but it just seems odd that all the sudden its happening like this. I had three MRIs and one CAT scan this year already, so am pretty sure I don't have any tumors, but am beginning to wonder what is up.
Please continue to pray for me. Migraines are no fun no matter what, but this every day for a week business is so getting old.
Hopefully the Pain Rehab Clinic will give me some solutions. Unfortunately, I have a month before I go.
Thanks for your faithfulness.

0 comments: