CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Memorial for Carrie

Today is the day for my friend Carrie's Memorial Service. If you'll remember, she passed away about a month ago, we still don't have an official cause of death. Click here to read her obit.
The service starts in about 20 minutes. I was hoping to go, but its inconvenient from a weekday perspective, and its three hours away. I also just found out.
I am sure her family will honor her in a fitting way.

Thought I'd share a memory, though since they are so old, they are lacking a bit.
Carrie was older than I was by about five years. I remember always wanting to hang out with her, she probably thought I was a brat, but she didn't treat me that way. Growing up, I was essentially the only girl in our church, so for that little while, it was nice to not be the only one. After her parents divorce, we didn't see her or her brothers very often, but I just remember what a treat it was when I did see her. She was always smiling and happy. I hope she kept that quality in her grownup years. Several years ago, she was in what should have been a fatal accident. I remember going to visit her in the hospital and she was in this bed that rotated her, basically it was like she was on a rotisserie. This was somehow supposed to help the circulation I think. She smiled even through that.

Carrie, although I hadn't seen you in a long time, you will be missed. Your children and your family are missing you most of course, but know that friends miss you too.

0 comments: