CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Vacation is coming!

WAHOO!!!!

Next Thursday, the 8th, I depart for my vacation. I will be flying to Sacramento to spend four days with my brother(Mark), my Dad & Sandee and my grandparents. I haven't seen most of them since September when my cousin got married and they haven't seen me since my surgery. Mark is picking me up that night and I'll crash at his apartment the first night. Grama and Gramps are picking me up Friday morning and we are going SHOPPING! Grama Booth said she'd help me with getting some of my new wardrobe. I am not quite to my goal, but, everything I currently own is pretty baggy or falling off of me. I'll need a few interim clothes and other things, I think I'll buy a little on the tight side and "grow" out/into them. Monday, Grama and I will do pedicures and manicures. The rest of the weekend is pretty unplanned, but will be spent spending time with my grandparents, my Dad and Sandee, and hopefully some time with my Aunt Lynn & Uncle Matt, as well as cousin Mel & her new husband Angus. Mark & Ashly have a church meeting most of the weekend, but hoping to see them some Friday night and then Monday night we'll have dinner at Grams and they'll take me back to their place as I have an early Tuesday AM flight to Portland.

On the 13th, I am taking a puddle jump up to Portland, OR, to go to a church meeting with my Mom and my sister. Mark will join us for a few days as well. I'll be there until the 17th, so about five days of time there and while the meeting takes up a good portion, we'll have time to explore and check out Portland too. I was there about ten years ago and absolutely enjoyed the area, so am looking forward to all that has changed since I visited last. Also looking forward to seeing some friends from the Sacramento area, as well as other churches. These meetings tend to be the way most get to see each other since we are all quite spread out.

Mostly, I am just looking forward to time away from Minnesota. Spring is having a hard time making up its mind whether or not it wants to stay. It is SO annoying. We had snow last week and there is a chance of it AGAIN in the forecast. SERIOUSLY, its May!!!! I know winter isn't officially over til July 4th, but we had such a long winter, we really need SPRING!!

Anyway, I'll be around for another week, but then I'll drop off for awhile. I promise to post about my adventures.
Have a good weekend!

0 comments: