CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Bring the Rain

Hello faithful blog readers~
I have a heavy heart today. I have been reading Todd & Angie Smith's blog for the past few months, heartbroken with every entry. Todd is the lead singer in the Christian group Selah. Todd & Angie are due to give birth to their fourth daughter, Audrey Caroline, today. Audrey is only 32 weeks old and has been diagnosed with several fatal conditions. Audrey has no fluid in her sac, she has an enlarged heart and polycystic kidneys. The doctors have said if she survives being born, it would be a miracle in and of itself, but the likelihood of her surviving much beyond that is not good. Angie goes at 4pm for her C-section.
I know our God can do miracles and I have been praying all day today that He would have His way, but am still hoping that He'll give them their way and let them keep their daughter. I know its a privelege to be with Jesus, but at the same time, our selfish desires say please don't do this to us. I know God will use this situation for His glory no matter the outcome. This family is in desperate need of your prayers to lift them and comfort them. If you have a moment, please think of them and their entire family and say a prayer. You can click on their link to follow their story.
Blessings to you all.

1 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Oh Aimee this is breaking my heart! My husband and I both LOVE Selah and had read about this on their site recently and we were both so sad for them. Todd Smith has moved my heart over and over with his music and I know this experience in his life is going to give even more depth to his ministry (not that he would have raised his hand and volunteered for this). I will be praying for them. I am so sad to heart his.