CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 27, 2010

3rd Anniversary

I cannot believe how fast time flies. Today marks three years since I underwent life-altering gastric bypass surgery! I have nearly made my weight loss goal, falling shy by just 10 pounds, and that is completely my own fault. I am too lazy to exercise, and thus, I still have the "spare tire" to take care of.
I am so thankful that I have had very few complications. I did end up having a 2nd surgery 16 months after the bypass to have my gall bladder removed, but it was a known complication that was a matter of WHEN and not IF. The only other complication has been a nagging pain in my left lower quadrant that still has not ceased, but several medical exams including MRI, CT and ultrasound can find nothing wrong with me. I do have times when the "dumping syndrome" occurs, but more or less, its my fault for eating something I shouldn't have eaten or eating too much of something that is supposed to be smaller portioned.
All in all, I am blessed!
Here's to hoping life is only more blessed in the future!

0 comments: